Thursday, May 2, 2013
Found Faces Story
Hi There! My name is Chuck Pole. I live on Maple Street. I have a great life with a wonderful family and fulfilling work. My wife Gloria is the next pole over on Maple Street. We have five kids. They are all fence posts right now until they grow taller. They are part of the fence that stretches out between Gloria and myself.
My career is as a street illuminator. I light the street for the humans that live nearby and for cars that drive by. You can't see it in this picture but I have this great tall head with bright lights that hang down. Every night around sunset I turn the lights on and keep them on until just after sunrise. It lights the street almost all the way to Gloria. It is a rewarding job as I get to help people and keep them safe.
In my spare time, and sometimes when I'm working, I keep myself busy. I like to watch the clouds floating by. I see shapes, faces, animals, and other things in the cloud shapes. Sometimes there are sheep, or horse tails, sometimes puffy marshmallows. I also like to count cars. I Gloria, the kids and myself like to play a game with license plates. We look for the different states on the plates and you win by calling out the most amount of states in one day. This game is fun and easy as all the cars just drive by for us to look at. We just have to focus on the game and not fall asleep.
Most people don't know by looking at me that I can do anything else besides light the street. I have a hidden talent. I can actually hold heavy things up with my nose. I don't do it often but when I do it is pretty spectacular.
If you are ever on Maple Street, come say hello. I'll be here working and hanging out with the family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment